Did you know that your diet plays a huge role on your hormones? I see this time and time again so I decided to write an article for EcoParent magazine on how 3 specific food swaps can help YOU have effortless periods.
To read the article, click here!
If you just want the recap, here it is:
- Reduce dairy, refined sugar, alcohol and caffeine (especially in the 2 weeks leading up to your period).
- Include quality sources of fiber in your diet, such as ground flax seeds, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Increase your fresh vegetable intake with special attention to the cruciferous family.
- Include magnesium rich foods in your diet or supplement with magnesium if appropriate.
- Last but not least, don’t settle for your PMS symptoms! If these dietary changes don’t bring you results find a qualified health professional in your area that can help.
Hope you enjoy,
Dr. Katie Rothwell, ND